The entire Rapallo Border, which ran
from Peča, above the
village of Rateče, over
Triglav to Rijeka, was 244km in length and was divided into 70 sections. At the
start of each section a main boundary stone stood – cippo principale -
whilst smaller boundary stones were placed between the main ones. In the area
of this theme path there are five main boundary stones numbered from 35 - 39.
Along the border there were a number
of fortifications which protected the border and hinterlands – after the year
1932 on the Italian side the so-called' Alpine Wall', after 1939 on the
Yugoslav side the so-called Rupnik Line.